Portal Coporativo de OHL - Home

Third-party cookies are used to improve our services and shown its related advertising media preferences. You can change the settings or get more information on our "Cookies Policy".

Over 100 years of history

OHL is the result of the merger of Obrascón, Huarte and Lain

First obrascon adjudications at 1912.

Brief History of Obrascón

1911. On May 15, the Sociedad General Obrascón de Obras y Construcciones, S.A. was founded in Bilbao.

1912. Their first work was two docks in the Port of Lisbon. Between 1953 and 1973, it was owned by Banco Bilbao and then ownership passed to Altos Hornos de Vizcaya.

1987. Juan-Miguel Villar Mir, along with José Luis García Villalba and other professionals in the sector acquired the company from its owner.

Since 1991 The company has been publicly traded.

Brief History of Huarte

1927. Founded in Pamplona by the Huarte and Malumbres families. Directed by Félix Huarte, it achieved a privileged place in the sector ranking.

1996 Obrascón entered as an industrial partner.

1998. In January the merger became effective. This marked the sixth construction group in the country.

Brief History of Lain

1963. Construcciones Lain was incorporated as a subsidiary of the UK's John Laing Construction.

1988. A group of professionals acquired 90% of the company changing its name to Construcciones Lain.

1991. It began to be traded publicly.

1999. In May it joined Obrascón Huarte, forming OHL.

Evolution of the brand

Outline of the history of OHL