OHL is the result of the merger of Obrascon, Huarte and Lain.
The company is founded in Bilbao as the General Association of Projects and Constructions Obrascón, S.A.
Its first project consists of two docks in the Port of Lisbon. Between 1953 and 1973 it is owned by the Bank of Bilbao, and later on by Altos Hornos de Vizcaya.
Juan-Miguel Villar Mir, together with José Luis García Villalba and other professionals from the sector, acquires the company from its owner at the time.
The company goes public.
The company is founded in Pamplona by the Huarte and Malumbres families. Led by Félix Huarte, it manages to reach a privileged position in the sector.
Obrascón joins Huarte as an industrial partner.
The merger becomes effective in January. The sixth construction group in the country is born.
Lain Constructors becomes a subsidiary company of the British Group John Laing Construction.
A group of professionals acquire 90% of the company, changing its corporate name to Lain Constructions.
The company joins Obrascón Huarte in May, thus forming OHL